Maybe I can share something...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A Few More Thoughts...

While reading the message boards over at Gaither.com, I came across some song lyrics. Being a musician I often find comfort or solace or inspiration in a song. And I know most of you do as well. But I thought I'd share with you these lyrics. The first song is "We Shall Behold Him" which is the song that Anthony was playing when he collapsed. The other song is one that I have never heard but the lyrics are amazingly moving. It is entitled "Finally Home."

Why is it that we usually start thinking about our own mortality only when death occurs close to home? Now I'm not implying that we should be walking around everyday with a long face mourning the fact that all of us will die someday. But for those of us that are Christians there is this hope that is within us that someday we shall see our creator; Savior; face-to-face! It should be something that moves us so, that the range of emotions is almost unbearable. What a hope! What a promise!! WE SHALL BEHOLD HIM!!! And I propose that the reason why unsaved people are so unhappy is that, since we are "created in His image"(Genesis 1:27; Isaiah 43:1) , God has built into us this "homing device." I think that it's just human nature to want to go to Heaven despite what our personal views are. And God wants us to go to Heaven to be with Him. But you never know when you're going to stand before God.

Anthony, Doug Riley, Warren Parker, none of them had any idea how close to their last breath they were. So what have you been doing here on this earth for the kingdom of God? What are people going to say about you tomorrow should you die today? What will God say to you should you face Him even today? You're going to be dead alot longer than you were alive!! So where will you spend eternity?? Are you sure??

For the Lord Himself will come down from Heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, NIV)

We Shall Behold Him

The sky shall unfold, preparing His entrance;
The stars shall applaud Him with thunders of praise.
The sweet light in His eyes shall enhance those awaiting,
And we shall behold Him, then face to face.

The angels shall sound the shout of His coming;
The sleeping shall rise from their slumbering place.
And those who remain shall be changed in a moment,
And we shall behold Him, then face to face.

And we shall behold Him, we shall behold Him
Face to face, in all of His glory;
And we shall behold Him, Yes, we shall behold Him,
Face to face, our Savior and Lord,
We shall behold Him, our Savior and Lord.

Finally Home
by L.E. Singer

When engulfed by the terror of the tempestuous sea,
Unknown waves before you roll;
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity,
Though fear and conflict seize your soul.

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

When surrounded by the blackness of the darkest night,
O how lonely death can be;
At the end of this long tunnel is a shining light,
For death is swallowed up in victory!

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

8 Comments:

  • Thank you so much for posting the lyrics to "Finally Home"! My great grandmother passed away on Friday (two days after her 96th birthday) and my grandmother really wanted me to sing the song. Unfortunately, we had a very hard time locating the lyrics on such short notice.

    You are an answer to prayer. Thank you again and God bless.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:11 PM  

  • I heard this song several years ago, and fell in love with it. My Son in Law sang it at my mother's memoral service. I have a dear friend in hospice with cancer, and I wanted to share the message of this song with her. I couldn't find the music, so my wonderful son-in-law found your blog and e-mailed the words to me. There were a real blessing to friend,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:31 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure that Finally Home was written by Don Wyrtzen not who you have written... I just thought you might want to know that in case you run across this song again or if you are trying to find it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:23 AM  

  • Ok- it was written by Don Wyrtzen and L.E. Singer..... sorry about that.......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:26 AM  

  • Hi All...

    Indeed the music to Finally Home was written by my good friend, Word recording artist & true genius Don Wyrtzen; lyrics by L. E. Singer. Don's father was the evangelist Jack Wyrtzen of the Word of Life Ministries in Scroon Lake, NY. His sister is the recording artist Christine Wyrtzen.

    Here is a recording we did for Praise Hymn Soundtracks of the song on another friend of mine named Sherri Lawley:

    Listen to Finally Home

    If you like it, the CD is available for purchase by writing Sherri @:

    Sherri Lawley
    PO Box 258
    Carriere MS 39426

    Hope it blesses someone out there. One of the best songs ever written in my book.

    The track is also available on Praise Hymn Soundtracks.

    Kerry Smith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:21 PM  

  • I was introduced to the lyrics to this wonderful the very day my dad Arnulfo Mejia passed away. They were part of my morning devotional. So I am pretty sure my dad finally went home to be with his Heavenly Father.
    Thank you for writing such a wonderful song. God bless you!

    By Blogger smejia, At 7:24 PM  

  • I have a daughter that is dying. I had heard the song Finally Home but I did not know the name. All I knew was the words to the chorus. Thanks to your web site I have all of the words plus the title plus the author. Hopefully I can now find it being song. That is what I wish to email to my daughter.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:01 PM  

  • I believe that a portion of the lyrics of this song were taken from an article in a Nazarene adult Sunday School paper, The Standard, named "Homegoing" by Ruth Vaughn. She described the message her mother gave her as she lay dying: "But instead, little girl, think of your mother stepping on shore and finding it heaven... Think, Ruth, of your mother waking up and finding it home!" I don't have a date on the article, as it had been cut out of The Standard and mounted in a scrapbook, but it appears to have been printed in the sixties or seventies.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home