Maybe I can share something...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Neglected Muse: Why Music Is An Essential Liberal Art

I found this article in a magazine and then discovered it on their website. For me in the southern gospel music industry I think it helps explain why we have such a poor representation of new songs being presented to groups and also presents an explanation as to why our concert goers, in some part, are unable to tell the difference between a quality group and a sub-quality or even poor group. But at the same time I think it truly explains the power that music can have on a culture as a whole. Take a look at what music is being pushed so strongly on our airwaves. Take a look at what music the youth of our country are listening to. Music in itself is a very powerful thing and I believe it can direct an entire culture. Anyway, I may blog more about this later on but here's the link for you to read for yourself and draw your own conclusions. For those others of you who blog I'd be interested in your view of this as applied to your genre of music, but maybe more towards the southern gospel music industry.

1 Comments:

  • You are very right. When budgets are strained - this is the first thing to go because it is viewed as non-essential. Well - essential it is.

    Good job.

    And - keep up the great singing.

    JEB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home