Maybe I can share something...

Monday, September 25, 2006

National Quartet Convention

The Dixie Echoes just returned from the National Quartet Convention(NQC) which was held in Louisville, Kentucky, September 11-16. We had the honor once again to perform on the main stage on Monday and Friday nights. As usual we had a wonderful time. So many of our fans stopped by our booth to visit with us, we thank you for your support the Dixie Echoes. Last year was my first year at the NQC as a performing artist. I had been a few times in the past but never as a performer. I took pictures of everything last year, trying to capture every moment. This year I brought my camera in to the booth and thats where it stayed for the duration of the convention!! So I want to give a big "THANKS" to Scott Cundiff for taking these photos. Scott is my sister's father-in-law so I had a little bit of an inside track there. Also Scott is the night DJ at KJIC Radio in south Houston, Texas. Some of the pictures are a little blurry but considering they were all taken from the upper level, its not bad at all. And just for the record thats a pretty good zoom on that camera Scott!! Hope you enjoy the pics! Be sure and visit the NQC website and make your plans to be with us next year! It's the biggest event in gospel music and once to attend for the first time, you'll want to go back every year!! Hope to see you there!!



Myself and Scott Cundiff

Yours truly...do I always look that funny?? Nevermind, don't answer that!


The Dixie Echoes doing it the old fashioned way!

"When I've Gone The Last Mile of the Way"


Stewart Varnado making his 9th appearance at the NQC with the Dixie Echoes


This is the largest crowd we sing to all year long...Approximately 12,000-15,000 people enjoying some great gospel music in Freedom Hall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home